At JoaQuin, we’ve raised substation shelter design to a new level. Whether your shelter needs are electrical, communication, mechanical or otherwise, we have the solution. Integrated installed systems are pre-tested for quality and reliability. Substation buildings and enclosures are portable allowing for flexibility in any environment. Our pre-fabricated custom enclosures reduce engineering, procurement and installation costs keeping your project on time and on budget.
Our design engineering capabilities of integrating mechanical, electrical and monitory systems firmly establishes JoaQuin on the forefront of system integration technology. JoaQuin’s system integration expertise ranges from simple ventilation and lighting packages, to complex computer controlled environmental, monitoring and alarm systems. EMI/RFI shielding, to design criteria levels, is optimally available to provide an additional level of protection for sensitive electronic equipment.
- Electromagnetic Interference & Radio Frequency Interference (EMI/RFI) Shielding Instrument Shelters
Defense Military Enclosures (DME)
Back-Up Power and Generator Buildings
Microwave Repeater Stations
Monitoring Equipment Stations
Galvannealed Steel (Standard)
No Size Limitations
- Each piece 16′ X 75′. Unlimited modular options available.
Wall and Roof Specifications
Steel Walls and Roof
Protection From All Elements
- All welded construction – no external fasteners
- Steel walls and roof – provide rigidity and strength
- Galvannealed steel – corrosion resistant and paintable
- Thermal ceramic exterior finish
Integrated Preinstalled Equipment
- Relay panels and gear pre-wired and factory installed and tested.
- Relay panels provided by JoaQuin for complete package.
- Empty shells with basic services, such as station batteries and Hydrogen-operatedfan controls.
- Fully assembled Substation units with all the necessary control and protectiveequipment, interconnected to a marshalling cabinet or similar interface.
- Complete DC and AC systems.
- Buildings with floor or drop over enclosure.
- Pre-installed battery racks and pans.
- Pre-installed and pre-wired relay panels.
- Automatic transfer switch for two feed source.
- Listed fire alarm systems with interface to HVAC if necessary.
- Halon or other specialty-gas fire systems.
- Foundation design drawings for each shelter when required.
- Battery charger
- Standby and prime power applications
- Halo grounding
- Under floor overhead cable trays
- Thermal ceramic paint
- Durable and corrosion resistant paint
- Rock solid aggregate exterior
- Welded steel construction
- Bullet resistance
- Installation and control of generator sets for both standby and prime powerapplications.
- Installation and interconnect of low and medium voltage switchgear, includingMCCs, VFDs, high voltage splicing and interface to a PLC.
- Hazardous location shelters & pressurized shelters.
- Receiving and installation of customer-supplied equipment such as airfieldlighting, controls, UPS equipment and battery charging systems, etc.
- Trailer mounted systems with generator sets, pneumatic antenna masts, andcustom noise, dampening and security provisions.
- Containerized systems where extra portability is required.
- Truck-mounted systems, such as mobile cell sites with dish antennas.
- JoaQuin Manufacturing has the full capabilities of shipping, offloading and installing all of our enclosures.
Recently Completed Installations
- Eurus Energy – Oregon
NextEra – South Dakota
NextEra – Omega, Texas
- Defense Contractors
Rail & Transit
State / Local Government
Water & Waste