JoaQuin has had extensive expertise in the design, production, integration and installation of various types of equipment shelters for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) since 1978. We have been involved in the Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights (ALSF, ALSF-2), Instrument Landing Systems (ILS), and Medium Intensity Approach Lighting System with Runway Alignment Indicator Lights (MALSR). Joaquin’s level of participation has included: The Design and Production of the Shelter, The Integration of the New Bedford Equipment and The Production and Integration of the Engine Generator.
JoaQuin is continuously involved in designing enclosures for future requirements. Technological changes in electronic equipment will surely change the profile and function of today’s FAA building. JoaQuin’s expertise as a custom design manufacturer will position us to design and fabricate the shelters of the future.
Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights (ALSF)
Medium Intensity Approach Lighting System with Runway Alignment Indicator Lights(MALSR)
High Intensity Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights (ALSF-2)
Instrument Landing Systems (ILS)
Engine Generator Shelter
Airport Traffic Control Tower (ATCT)
Very High Frequency Omni-directional Range Radio Stations (VOR)
Middle Marker Shelter
Galvannealed Steel (Standard)
JoaQuin has the knowledge to fully integrate these shelters with the followingcomprehensive systems:
1. ALSF-2: UPS, Terminal Boxes, Surge Arrestors, 30 KVA Transformer,Distribution Panels, HVAC System and Modems.
2. Engine Generator Package: Kohler w/ Silencer, Automatic TransferSwitch, 75 Gallon Day Tank, Load Bank Controller.
- Provisions for future expansion
- Exterior options including (but not limited to) windows in doors / walls,custom door arrangements and alarms, lighting, exterior surface coatingsand sections of removable walls.
- Interior options including (but not limited to) communications systems,emergency lighting and alarm systems, integrated power distribution panelsand other various types of mounts, acoustic ceiling, partitioning and a varietyof floor / wall coatings or coverings.
- HVAC options including (but not limited to) louvers, pressurization, ventfans, heating / air conditioning systems and air filtration systems.
- Standby and prime power applications
- Halo grounding
- Under floor overhead cable
- Thermal ceramic paint
- Durable and corrosion resistant paint
- Rock solid aggregate exterior
- Welded steel construction
- Bullet resistance
UBC, NEC, NFPA, and Mil-STD Requirements
JoaQuin Manufacturing has the full capabilities of shipping, offloading and installing all of our enclosures.
JoaQuín Shelter Airport Location
Cheyenne Wyoming Airport
Denver International Airport
Harrisburg International Airport
Omaha Nebraska Airport
Pago Pago American Samoa Airport
Salt Lake City Airport
San Francisco International Airport
St. Louis International Airport
Washington Dulles International Airport
Recently Completed Installations
ALSF-2 – La Guardia Airport
ILS Project – Portland Airport
State / Local Government