Substation Buildings / Enclosures
JoaQuin has had extensive expertise in the design, production, integration and installation of various types of equipment shelters for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) since 1978. We have been involved in the Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights (ALSF, ALSF-2), Instrument Landing Systems (ILS), and Medium Intensity Approach Lighting System with Runway Alignment Indicator Lights (MALSR). Joaquin’s level of participation has included: The Design and Production of the Shelter, The Integration of the New Bedford Equipment and The Production and Integration of the Engine Generator.
JoaQuin is continuously involved in designing enclosures for future requirements. Technological changes in electronic equipment will surely change the profile and function of today’s FAA building. JoaQuin’s expertise as a custom design manufacturer will position us to design and fabricate the shelters of the future.
Electromagnetic Interference & Radio Frequency Interference (EMI/RFI) Shielding Instrument Shelters
Defense Military Enclosures (DME)
Back-Up Power and Generator Buildings
Microwave Repeater Stations
Monitoring Equipment Stations
Galvannealed Steel (Standard)
No Size Limitations
Each piece 16′ X 75′. Unlimited modular options available.
Wall and Roof Specifications
Steel Walls and Roof
- Protection From All Elements
- All welded construction – no external fasteners
- Steel walls and roof – provide rigidity and strength
- Galvannealed steel – corrosion resistant and paintable
- Thermal ceramic exterior finish
Integrated Preinstalled Equipment
- Relay panels and gear pre-wired and factory installed and tested.
- Relay panels provided by JoaQuin for complete package.
- Empty shells with basic services, such as station batteries and Hydrogen-operatedfan controls.
- Fully assembled Substation units with all the necessary control and protectiveequipment, interconnected to a marshalling cabinet or similar
- Complete DC and AC systems.
- Buildings with floor or drop over enclosure.
- Pre-installed battery racks and pans.
- Pre-installed and pre-wired relay panels.
- Automatic transfer switch for two feed source.
- Listed fire alarm systems with interface to HVAC if necessary.
- Halon or other specialty-gas fire systems.
- Foundation design drawings for each shelter when required.
- Battery charger
- Standby and prime power applications
- Halo grounding
- Under floor overhead cable trays
- Thermal ceramic paint
- Durable and corrosion resistant paint
- Rock solid aggregate exterior
- Welded steel construction
- Bullet resistance
- Installation and control of generator sets for both standby and prime powerapplications.
Installation and interconnect of low and medium voltage switchgear, includingMCCs, VFDs, high voltage splicing and interface to a PLC.
Hazardous location shelters & pressurized shelters.
Receiving and installation of customer-supplied equipment such as airfieldlighting, controls, UPS equipment and battery charging systems, etc.
Trailer mounted systems with generator sets, pneumatic antenna masts, andcustom noise, dampening and security provisions.
Containerized systems where extra portability is required.
Truck-mounted systems, such as mobile cell sites with dish antennas.
JoaQuin manufacturing has the full capabilities of shipping and managing the offloading/ installations of all our enclosures.
Recently Completed Installations
Eurus Energy – Oregon
NextEra – South Dakota
NextEra – Omega, Texas
Rail & Transit
State / Local Government
Water & Waste